Our website address is: http://www.nzfarmlife.220.127.116.11.sth.nz.
In this policy “we”, “us’ and “our” means NZ Farm Life Media Ltd. Please read this policy carefully as it describes the way in which we collect and handle your personal information. We may update or revise this policy from time to time. If we elect to update or revise this policy, we will post the date on which that revision takes effect at the end of this policy. Please be aware that you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products that depend on the collection and use of that information.
1. OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
We recognise the importance of, and are committed to, managing any personal information that we collect in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. This collection includes through your:
· registration when you purchase a product, magazine or digital subscription;
· entry into promotions or competitions;
· answers to surveys;
· signing up to newsletters and other notifications from our magazines and other brands;
· signing up to join our online communities;
· registration to attend events;
· communications with us such as letters, telephone calls, text messaging and emails regarding services and products; and
· use of our digital publications.
In some circumstances, however, we may also collect your personal information from third parties or public agencies where it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to collect the personal information directly from you. For example, if you subscribe to one of our magazines through a third party that is authorised to take subscriptions for us, we will collect your personal information from that third party. If we have difficulty in delivering a magazine to you, we may make enquiries in an effort to locate your address or correct any error in our recorded address details for you. Where we collect personal information from third parties, we will ensure that the collection is conducted in a fair and lawful manner and the information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information we collect varies depending upon the purpose of the collection and the product or service we are providing you. Generally, we collect and hold the following types of personal information:
· your name and address;
· your telephone number;
· your e-mail contact details;
· transaction details, if you make a purchase with us or choose to store details in your online profile;
· bank account/credit card numbers and associated details as reasonably required in relation to processing payments at your request; and
· any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate and where possible improve your dealings with us.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will collect your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for the performance of our business activities and functions, which includes providing a range of products and services to you, some of which are listed below.
4.1 Registration for magazine subscriptions
We collect personal information from individuals who purchase products or subscribe to magazines that we publish in order to process their payments, fulfill their order and to confirm whether they would like to receive promotional materials in the future.
We will also seek your consent to send to you promotional material and special offers. Where you have a subscription for a magazine published by us, then we will also send you renewal notices and that magazine’s regular newsletter as well as promotional material.
4.2 Sales Promotions, Competitions, Surveys and registration to attend our events
We collect personal information when you respond to one of our promotions, competitions or surveys or when you register to attend an event in order to inform you if you have won a prize, to place you on a guest-list to the event and to help us better understand what products and services you would like to receive information about in the future.
4.3 Registration for our newsletters
We collect personal information when you sign up to register for our newsletters. By providing this personal information we are able to keep you updated on special offers and events that you may be interested in and to reward your commitment to the brands.
4.4 Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, we may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your communication preferences with us in a number of ways, eg if you are an online customer, you will be provided options to manage your own online profile; you may also contact our Privacy Officer. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you will also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Privacy Officer.
5. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We provide your personal information to third parties where you have consented to such disclosure. We also provide your personal information to third parties in order to carry out our business activities and functions. This may include:
· organisations who are sponsoring or otherwise involved with or participating in a promotion, offer, competition or survey;
· other companies or individuals we engage to perform functions on our behalf, such as mailing a subscription, processing credit card information, mailing information or prizes, data analysis, telemarketing, research and advertising, IT support services; and
· with your specific and prior consent, to other companies or individuals for the purposes you have consented to.
We ensure that any organisation which we disclose your personal information to is subject to appropriate contractual obligations to safeguard and protect your personal information and comply with all Privacy Laws.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information where required or authorised to do so by law, including in emergency situations and to assist law enforcement agencies. We will always ensure that those to whom we disclose your personal information have the legal right to receive it.
6. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. As such, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances where you have a sign in to your customer details and/or you can access your own personal information via your membership you will be required to follow prompts to access, correct or update your personal information. If this option is available to you directly, we will clearly mark it for ease of access.
You can access or correct your personal information by contacting us using the ‘Contact Details’ set out below. Please provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you wish to access or correct, in order to help us retrieve it. We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date including updating personal information when we are advised by you that your personal information has changed.
If you wish to delete the personal information we hold about you, please let us know by contacting us using the ‘Contact Details’ set out below and we will take reasonable steps to delete the information, unless we are required to retain it for legal reasons.
8. THE USE OF TRACKING THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
Information may be collected when you access our website, we do not use “cookies” however we do have tracking pixels are on our site.
We, and our service providers, use the information collected from these tracking pixels for a number of reasons:
· for statistical purposes in order to track how many users we have and how often they visit our website;
· to provide statistical data, ratings and other information for industry and other public reporting;
· to provide you with a more personalised, convenient and interactive experience on our website;
· to track who has viewed an advertisement or clicked-through an advertisement; and
· to provide you with a more targeted advertising experience both on and off our website, allowing us to impose restrictions where appropriate and monitor how effective an advertising campaign has been.
We sometimes use services, including Google Adsense and Facebook, in activities such as analytics and online behavioural advertising, to provide you with more relevant messages.
9. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
10. HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you wish to make a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below.
We undertake to acknowledge and investigate any complaint promptly and will respond to written complaints within a reasonable time from the date of receipt.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner (see https://www.privacy.org.nz/).
11. CONTACT DETAILS
The Privacy Officer
NZ Farm Life Media
PO Box 218
Alternatively, you can send an email to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.